Dogs in Town Returns Policy
Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, because we want you to be happy with your purchase.
Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Change of mind returns
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase, Dogs in Town will offer you an exchange voucher or refund provided that:
- You return the item/s within 30 days of purchase;
- You produce either your original Dogs in Town register receipt or other adequate proof of purchase;
- The item is in re-saleable condition, meaning that: – It is in its original packaging, including instruction manuals and all accessories; and
– It is unworn, unused, unassembled and in its original condition; and
The product is not one where a change of mind return is not available (see below).
If these requirements are not satisfied Dogs in Town reserves the right not to offer an exchange voucher or refund for change of mind returns.
Goods on which a change of mind return is not available
Dogs in Town will not accept the return of items from the following categories under the change of mind returns policy under any circumstances:
- Grooming products (if the hygiene seal is broken)
- Bedding and accessories (where the seal and/or packaging has been opened)
- Gift cards or third party gift cards
- Food items
These products can still be returned if they are faulty, not fit for purpose or do not match the sample or description.
Dogs in Town will accept product returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund or repair where:
- The product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality; or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose; or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present your Dogs in Town register receipt or other adequate proof of purchase.
Dogs in Town may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. Dogs in Town reserves the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Claims for compensation or reasonable expenses incurred in returning your purchase together with supporting evidence, should be addressed to our Dogs in Town Customer Service team using the ‘Contact us’ option on the Dogs in Town website (www.dogsintown.com.au).
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
When returning a product, you will be asked for information that is relevant to your return, or to satisfy legislative requirements. If you do not provide this information, then we may be unable to process your return.
When returning a product, with adequate proof of purchase, you will be asked for your signature as authorisation of the return transaction. If you do not have adequate proof of purchase, and the product is Dogs in Town exclusive, you will be asked to provide photo identification containing your full name, signature and expiration date, so that your name and signature can be verified. This information may be accessed by authorised Dogs in Town team members for fraud investigations and fraud protection activities. Information collected will be securely stored for a reasonable period of time and may be used for the purposes of research and analysis and may be disclosed to Government departments upon request, as required by law.
Non-Dogs in Town branded product may not be accepted for return without adequate proof of purchase, unless it is covered by the consumer guarantees.
Dogs in Town reserves the right to assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.
If you wish to access your personal information, please contact Dogs in Town Customer Service on 02 8054 6137.
Proof of Purchase
Returns, refunds, exchanges or repair requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents:
- The Dogs in Town register receipt, however you may provide a clear photo of the full Dogs in Town register receipt, which must include the barcode; Online Tax Invoice; Online proof of purchase can also include Zip, Aferpay, Paypal statements etc.;
- Financial statement such as a credit card statement or a bank statement (however, when the proof of purchase does not clearly itemise the goods, more than one type of proof of purchase may be required).
- Flybuys statement
- Refunds will only be issued using your original payment method;
- Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.